ABOUT THE CHAMBER
The iLembe Chamber of Commerce, Industry & Tourism is a non-profit business association that represents credible, ethical and progressive businesses in the iLembe District of KZN.
The significance of a credible, grassroots association furthering the interests of business, as a social partner in South Africa, has rarely been more real and important.
The iLembe Chamber’s focus on accelerated regional economic growth, the viability of small and medium enterprises and promoting investment in key economic sectors, amongst others, is critical to economic growth and job creation.
As the advocate for business minded members of the wider iLembe community, the Chamber present and represent the interests of business to local, district, provincial as well as the national government, making iLembe a better place to live, work, do business and invest in.
The iLembe Chamber of commerce aims to:
• Be the recognised and effective voice of business on the North Coast of KZN, South Africa
• Promote the region as a Tourism, business and investment destination
• Help grow and strengthen local business
• Bridge the gap and improve communication between the Public and Private Sector.
• Provide a platform for business linkages and business opportunities
Our mission is to identify, grow and strengthen business, industry and tourism in the region with our primary objectives being:
• The effective representation of the views of business to government at all levels, particularly in the local government sphere.
• The sustainable Local Economic Development of the Region
With incredible growth year on year, commerce, industry, tourism and agriculture have become major contributors to the local economy and the formation of a Chamber was a natural progression and the chamber was formally constituted in November 2010, taking on King Shaka’s praise name “ilembe”. Within the first year of operation the ilembe chamber was awarded “Chamber of the year for 2011” at a national convention hosted by the South African Chamber of Commerce.
Our head office is located in the booming town of Ballito – a mere 15 kilometres from the New King Shaka International Airport, strategically located between the two major harbours of Durban and Richards Bay.
iLembe is one of the 11 district municipalities of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. The seat of iLembe is KwaDukuza. The iLembe District includes the four local municipalities of KwaDukuza, Mandeni, Ndwedwe and Maphumulo