STEPS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Ntombifuthi will be your Membership contact person.
- Complete the Membership form, so that we have accurate information of your business and for Ntombifuthi to revert with an invoice for payment of the annual Membership fees.
- You will be welcomed on Facebook and your company details will be listed on our website.
- You will receive the proud member logo for your letterheads, website etc and an iLembe Member certificate.
JOIN AS A MEMBER
ILEMBE CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP:
The iLembe Chamber of Commerce, Industry & Tourism is a non-profit business association that represents credible, ethical and progressive businesses in the iLembe District of KZN. The Chamber’s purpose is not only to lobby and advocate on matters that will allow the iLembe District to become a thriving business and investor friendly environment, but also to energise local economic and entrepreneurial activity.
It acts as a resource to its members, which includes a wide range of Chamber activities; from business support, skills development, knowledge transfer & dissemination and mentoring, amongst others. A further purpose, which is growing in importance, is the provision of a platform for business linkages from which members can grow their businesses.
Chamber membership fees are often viewed as a deterrent, an out-of-pocket expense which do not offer an immediate return on investment. Chambers of Commerce, including the iLembe Chamber, are unfortunately not a magical solution that will address RoI urgency. Contributing in a national partnership to sustainable economic growth and business enablement requires a marathon effort!
In a membership organisation like ours, every membership fee paid contributes significantly to the financial viability of our Chamber, allowing us the capability and capacity to professionally represent the private sector. More importantly though is that our reputational viability, which allows us to represent the private sector as a partner in our regional economy, depends on the extend of our representivity of business in the iLembe District. Membership levels within the Chamber authenticates our claim of being representative of the wider business community in the iLembe District.
The 2020/21 annual fees, approved at the AGM on the 26th of February 2020, are as follows. Membership categories are based on the number of employees. Please note that fees are applicable for the period 1 April to 31 March:
1 – 3 Empl
4 – 10 Empl
11 – 20 Empl
21 – 50 Empl
51 – 100 Empl
101 – 150 Empl
151 – 250 Empl
- Payment terms are 30 days from the date of invoice.
- Debit order payment arrangements are available.
- In line with para 3.4.3. of the iLembe Chamber Constitution, annual membership is renewed automatically.